Committed to Sustainability
We help you achieve your goals while keeping your commitment to the environment and your budget.
At Senecal Construction Services, we build with the environment in mind. By building sustainably, homeowners improve air quality, increase energy efficiency, conserve water and even save money.
Most green buildings are high quality buildings; they last longer, cost less to operate and maintain, and provide greater occupant satisfaction than standard developments.
What surprises many people unfamiliar with this design movement is that good green buildings often cost little to no more to build than conventional home designs.
Green building may include any or all of the following features:
- Home positioned southeast for maximum solar benefit
- Solar panels for electricity and/or heating
- Geothermal wells for heating and cooling
- Wind power
- ICF(insulated concrete foam) panels or SIP (structural insulated panels)
- Passive solar heat sinks or building envelopes
- Radiant heat
- Insulated foundation
- Energy Star appliances
- Low-E glass for windows and doors
- Energy efficient lighting and maximal use of natural light
- Interior woods chosen from sustainable forests
- Furniture and fixtures from renewable and/or recycled resources
- Xeriscape landscaping
- Permeable paved surfaces outdoors to capture and filter water runoff
- In addition, many green options qualify for rebates and/or tax credits from state and federal governments!